– Read the instructions thoroughly.
– Think about what you are going to write and organize your thoughts before you start writing.
– Begin the writing process by writing an outline.
– Make sure your outline touches on every aspect required per the instructions.
– Make it personal and passionate.
– Use clear, concise and simple language throughout the essay.
– Be sure to check your grammar and spelling.
– Proof your essay.
– Have someone proofread your essay before you submit it. (teacher, counselor)